Last night I had the privilege of preaching the ordination of Pastor Telsa DeBerry. I had the privilege of serving with Tesla at CBC in Arlington, Texas. It was a privilege to just stand with him because He’s God’s man and what he is doing is important to God: church planting for the Great Commission cause. I’m proud of you Telsa. Remember, I knew you when you were a nobody 🙂 … serious, you have done a great job at growing, working from your strengths and strengthening your weaknesses. You are not alone in this.
Here’s the outline I preached:
A Man Worth Ordaining….
1. Knows it’s Jesus Christ who called him to the ministry (1 Tim 1:12)
2. Meets the leadership characteristics of pastoral ministry (1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9)
3. Doesn’t let his age hinder his ministry, but lets actions speak as loud as words (1 Tim 4:12)
4. Prioritizes the word of God and the preaching ministry (1 Tim 4:13)
5. Knows the power of community (1 Tim 4:14)
6. Places his own discipleship on public display (1 Tim 4:15)
7. Is not a quitter because he knows the stakes are high (1 Tim 4:16)
8. Knows what to do when ministry looks scary (2 Tim 1:6-7)
9. Knows how to do “the work of an evangelist.” (2 Tim 4:5)