I have a good feeling about 2009. I’m not sure why, but I guess it may be 2008 seemed to be slow and sluggish in the church and country. But now the election is over and it seems we will see which church will show up in the West. I want to do my part in making things better. Here are a few things I hope to do better this year.
1. Develop fewer, more meaningful, long term relationships in the church.
2. Get further out of debt.
3. Make sure I program and administrate with smaller group interaction as a part of the event or an after event opportunity.
4. Finish my doctoral degree and push sermon based small groups anywhere I can to help churches shut the back door.
5. Write 2 books.
6. Manage my time more effectively at home and work.
7. Take more initiative for my pastor especially in casting his vision.
8. Develop deeper relationships within my extended family.
9. Make time in my schedule to work out consistently for a year.
10. Retreat with God more.
What are you looking to see or do in 2009?