Here are more questions that can help us as Christian leaders get to the second tear and great depth:
1. Not only do I ask “How many?” but also “where did they go?”
2. Instead of “how many baptisms” I ask what happened to them after they were baptized? Where did they connect? After 90 days or a year, did the person connect and mature?
3. Instead of “how many joined” I ask who were they and are the connectors in place for them to clearly become disciples.
4. In addition to “why don’t you attend prayer meeting?” I also ask, “how’s your prayer life?”
5. How is your scripture intake?
6. Where are you finding biblical community that’s transforming?
7. Instead of how did you like the message I ask how will you apply the message?
In your ministry, and family, ask the second level questions. Be encouraged!